Commercial surveying services from the Beattie Partnership


Compensation for Loss of Profits - compensation in property terms is typically associated with the purchase of property by local authorities due to a re-development scheme, however, there are also entitlements to trading loss claims where water authorities are currently working to improve water or sewerage systems.  There are also regulations requiring gas utility companies to pay compensation, although more limited than the water authorities.

If roadworks are affecting your trade you may be entitled to compensation during this period under statute where the authorities have worked in the vicinity resulting in the temporary closure of a road.

The Beattie Partnership is experienced in dealing with the water and gas authorities and we can register and negotiate the claim on your behalf.  We have our own tailor-made software to analyse your losses and present and negotiate the appropriate claim to the authorities.  This is a highly specialised area of compensation and we have worked for many nationally recognised companies.

To proceed effectively, it would be helpful to work closely with your accountant or someone within your finance department in the initial stages.  We will also need to liaise with a local/regional manager regarding the day-to-day impact on your business.

In most instances the water authority will provide a significant contribution to our fees and if we are unsuccessful there will be no charge.
If you require further information about this matter or require clarification on the fee basis, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Giness in our office.